Panic Alarm goes off in garage at 3:00 AM

Sp stop laughing yourselves silly! Even though I do keep my key in my pocket and had it in my pocket when the panic alarm went off at 3, that was NOT the cause. The cause was the neighbor's 50lb cat. When it excapes at night, after terrorizing the bears, fox, deer, and other night time inhabitants of my neighborhood, it likes to lay around on a nice hot place. It has leaned that the big car in the garage is often warm. So the cat jumps up on the and triggers the alarm panic theft detector. Cat had dirty feet and left paw prints all over the car ishow I know what happened! So stop laughing! The stat police, local police, and county sherriffdidn't think it was so funny ....

mcbrue quietly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

Reply to
mcbrue

The cat must have triggered the non-existent motion detector. If it broke the glass, it also would have triggered the non-existent piezo electric glass breakage detector. If it then crawled under your car and arched its back, it would have triggered the non-existent inclinometer. Or did you forget you installed an aftermarket alarm system in your car?

Reply to
greg

Sheesh!!! Thats the trouble with this newsgroup! Too many wild jokers in here!! No usefull help - just guys dumping out idiotic comments about a perfectly serious subject! Dont they realize this is deadly serious business in here???

On a more directly car-pertinent subject, I have booked passage for the Amazon jungle where it is rumored that the natives have blow guns with little darts in them dipped in a special chemical that will cause the cat to loose weight so it does not set off the various detectors on the car. It is still small enough that it did not set off the emergency motion detector lights around the house and in the garage, but I do need to act fast before it gets that big. Just have to make sure that the cat does not get the curare dip. Of course accidents do happen ...

mcbrue bookingpassagely under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

Reply to
mcbrue

Save the price of the ticket and just buy a big box of ExLax, mix in some cat nip and sprinkle it all around the outside of the garage. The cat will shi-t it's self to death. Problem solved.

Larry In the back yard, under the oak.

PS It worked with my neighbors Persian.

Reply to
Larry

I wasn't joking; Lexus vehicles do not have a motion sensor. The only thing that sets the alarm off is a) pressing the panic button on the remote key, or b) opening a door, the hood, or the trunk when the system is armed.

I think the cat snuck into your house and lay down on the nice, warm key that was in your pocket, thus setting off the alarm.

Reply to
greg

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:36:25 -0700, greg graced this newsgroup with:

don't feed the trolls.

Reply to
Max

Definite known troll.

As an aside, I gave this newsgroup link and his specific ID to a group of medical students who are doing research on internet behaviors. They did not initially believe me and now they filter his posts for review. Let's just say he makes their day and skews the research to one end of the intelligence spectrum :).

Reply to
bluto

(((((((((((( BLUTO !!!! )))))))))))

So nice to see you again !!!!!!

And we all shore wud laik ta know whut med schol them ole interns iz frum cuz them has tooooo much time on their hands an mite be missin sum impotent stuff them shuld be a larnin !!!!! Heck, them iz gonna be able ta larn about kars by buyin one of each when they gits all dun - lessen ole fat boy wif thet new movin picture bout medical care has his way. Whut bring ta mind thet them furriners iz all sneakin into tha USA to get care from our docs and system, except for the Americans going to India for cheaper care. Gee - wasn't it in India that the mom and dad doc had their kid do an operation so he could be the youngest kid to operate on a live human being? Still would feel a lot better if yall wuld just keep them ole interns in medicine klasses and not out on tha internet wastin time.

mcbrue sprecturmchasingly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

Reply to
mcbrue

FLASH !!!!!!!! RESEARCH REPORT !!!!!!!!!!

As a direct result of comments above, I did indeed go forth to the car without the key fob in my pocket or on my person. Upon reaching the car, I shook it violently. I pressed down upon the trunk - well I switched to the roof line - trunk can dent due to thin tin. I tried to open the trunk and the various doors. I tapped on the tintless windows, gently. I ran my fingers over the car applying maybe 60 lbs of pressure like my neighbors fat cat would. RESULTS - NO ALARMS !!! GREG IS CORRECT !

CONCLUSIONS -

1) the car does not have an alarm system that goes off unless the doors, hood, or trunk are opened without a key once the alarm is armed. The 17 volume manual mumbles something about that. 2) cat food is getting too darn good and and is letting the cats get too smart because they now can pick locks on my car, thereby setting off the alarm!

mcbrue researcherextrordainerly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

Reply to
mcbrue

Reply to
Anthony Intintoli