Astra heater blower switch

I have just bought an old Astra 1.6 the heater blower switch doesnt work it did for two days. Ive checked the fuses. Two questions does this sound like I need a new switch or where is the relay it is a eco engine 96 model

Reply to
sgtbash

More than likely the heater resistor or the motor. I think the blower motor is accesssed under the wipers on the astra. The switches rarely give trouble.

John

Reply to
John

I don't know if yours is the same problem, but I've owned two mark two Astra's both of which (preceded by a period of loud squealing) have had the bearings in the blower seize solid, which has resulted in the motor not turning.

However it's almost impossible to dismantle and difficult to get oil into the bearings, I cured mine by freeing the armature as best I could so that the motor slowly turned when connected to a 12 volt car battery on a work bench, I then managed to gradually work oil into the end bearings until the noise stopped and the motor started running smoothly, since I carried out this procedure on my current vehicle, I haven't experienced any further problems over the last three years.

Reply to
Ivan