Battery replacement in key fob

i have an o6 sharan and one of the remotes no longer works although the tell tale red light still blinks. I assume the battery is low. The handbook says dealer replacement of battery is required.Is that true? Cannot it be done by me or is there some computer input required. Tks Andy

Reply to
Tim

since it doesn't work at present you have little to lose. get the new battery in advance since some fobs don't like to be without a battery for more than a short time. for the 02 sharan: autodata just says to replace it, no re-synching, I do not have 06 data.

Reply to
Mrcheerful