Battery Replacement for Remote Key-fob '02 Jetta?

Can anyone advise how I can change the battery in my remote key fob?

Q1: Is the key fob covered under warranty?

Q2: Where can I purchase a replacement battery and what battery model #?

Q3: How the heck do you pry open the key fob to replace the batters?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Cobb

Try this

should be for yourremote

James

Reply to
Jaime

I think they are under the original warranty, if you haven't run out the milage/time on that.

James

Reply to
Jaime

Thanks.. thats was very helpful!

Reply to
Dave Cobb
4yr/50,000 for the FOB.
Reply to
Woodchuck

Might need that, I changed the battery and the light just blinks... and car doesn't respond. I think the fob may have gotten wet previously?

Reply to
Dave Cobb

Thanks. I copied the web page and saved it for future reference.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan