Focus Air con.

Had my system re-gassed and leak checked and I thought it was working again however it definiatly not working today, The only pipe work I can reach from the bonnet is on the top of the accumulator which seems to be cool at least. The compresser clicks on.. I measured the temperature from the vents and it seems stuck at 20C even when set to full cold ( it was 13C out side ) . I removed a filthy black pollen filter with a load of leaves .. didn't help much though ! what next ? Is there a heater control valve, on this car ? it's the 2002 1.8 tdci model with climate control. Many thanks in advance ;-)

Simon

Reply to
mr p

if it did work and now doesn't then it is very likely it has lost gas, get that checked first.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

OK then thanks. The garage said that they should be able to see any leaks now with the die they added. Perhaps I'll get the MOT done there and ask them to fix the air con at the same time, if it's economically viable .

Reply to
mr p

OK then thanks. The garage said that they should be able to see any leaks now with the die they added. Perhaps I'll get the MOT done there and ask them to fix the air con at the same time, if it's economically viable .

Bottom of the accumulator rotting out is the fave on these. (if that is ok, then check the bottom of the condensor)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..