Follow on from "Reving" Post

Hi There

I did post a message on here a while back about my Ford Escort (98). I was looking through some of the posts and realised someone had something similar to my problem, so I thought it might be worth a re-post....

The problem is, when Im accelorating through the gears, when I go to change gear (Up) and take my foot off the accelorator and push down the clutch, the engine continues to rev and the same amount of revs you were doing before putting your foot on the clucth. As you can imagine, when I am accelorating to get onto a motorway etc, the revs are fairly high, so its very noticable.

The revs can continue for anything up to 10 seconds before calming down, but thats only if you put your foot on the clutch and wait, obviously, thats not the ideal situation!

I have greased the spring etc around the part of the engine which opens and closes when you put your foot down and that seems to have cured it for some time, and I also WD40'd the cable etc... Now that it is HOT again, it seems to have set it off.... I only noticed it when the cars hot, so obviously, its been playing up alot lately.

One way I found to cure it for a limited time is to turn the engine off and then on again, but that only has a limited life.

Any ideas would appreciated, but I have checked the cable and that all seems fine and the bloke in the ford shop said its probably something to do with the throttle housing which opens and closes when you put your foot down. But as im sure you can all guess, they said we will have a look at it..... thought I would ask about on here first, dont fancy their prices... Although, it might be the only way!

Thanks in advance....

Karl

Reply to
KP