Triple post on Brake Lite

Sorry bout the triple post. Fat fingers I guess! Bill

Reply to
Bill Hall

There is a switch mounted on the park brake pedal mechanism. Usually not part of a brake reline but, personally, if I work on rear brakes this is included in the service (checking the light, mechanism and cables).... rest assured that it shows up in the written estimate as well.

It could be the bulb..... especially if the lamp doesn't "prove out" when the key is turned on or it could be dust in the switch keeping the contacts from closing. At any rate, it does qualify as a safety issue.

Here comes the advice you never asked for..... no matter what shape a vehicle is in, never, ever, ever sell it to a family member or a friend. Even if it is "perfect" the day that you pass over the keys, there is something on the verge of being either a nuisance or unacceptable and even something as simple as a change in driving styles can push this over the edge in short order.

As in the case of this lamp..... either you will pay to repair it and feel "put out", or you will leave your friend to pay for it in which case he will feel "put out". I keep my vehicles for a long, long time..... when I sell them, they are safe and dependable (well, in most cases)..... I sell them "as is, where is" and I don't speak of any recent service..... if they can't tell what parts are and what parts aren't it means they should have it checked by an impartial party (something I whole-heartedly agree with).

Reply to
Jim Warman