Ford Modeo Cam belt

Can anyone please tell me at what mileage the Cam belt needs replacing on a

2005 Ford Mondeo

Many thanks

Sam

Reply to
Sam Farrell

It might be advisable to mention engine type/capacity...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

If its a petrol duratec HE, then its a chain. No change interval specified, though that doesnt mean it doesnt need changing- none have done enough mileage yet to know how they last...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Reply to
Sam Farrell

I found the answer thanks folks , as Tim says it doesn't have one instead it uses a chain.

The guy doing the service in the garage recommended changing the cam belt, that's why I asked.

Reply to
Sam Farrell

If the guy in the garage can't tell the difference between a timing belt and a timing chain, I would respectfully suggest having any work he has done checked, and never using his services again.

Reply to
Stephen Leak

At 75 miles an hour on the moterway, when its pissing down and you forgot to renew your AA membership, well, thats when my old mondeo cam belt went.....

RTFM, im sure it says at what mileage to change cam at.

Gaz

Reply to
Gaz