cam belt change

Can anybody tell me what mileage i should have cam belt changed on my 25 gti and also if this operation differs from a none VVC engine and if so in what way. Look sharp me oweds need to know soon .

Reply to
steven.g

I tend to do mine yearly as I can do it myself and for the sake of a fifteen quid belt I'd rather not be playing Russian roulette with my engine! I can't imagine the procedure changing for VVC or not, as long as the sprockets are marked before you take off the old belt, and kept aligned when you fit the new one there should be no difficulties...

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis