Radiator switches & Aircon

My trusty old Cavalier has been overheating. The fan wasn't cutting inwhen it should, but the aircon was working fine - nice and cold. ( I believe the same system was fitted to early Vectras and Omegas too )

I shorted out the wires from the 3 pin fan switch, and the fan ran.

So, I changed both the 3 pin and the 2 pin switch with new items from AutoVaux. I now have both fans running when the engine gets hot, as advertised, and both run when aircon switch is pressed BUT the aicon isn't running - the air remains at ambient, despite the aircon light coming on.

Help?

Reply to
IanDTurner

Tim..

Are you sure you have the correct switches in place?

Or did you disturb any relays?

It sounds like you have a break in the feed to the compresor clutch , probably through a relay, which should also turn on the fans...

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..

But if I put he U/S thermo switch back in, the aircon runs fine.........

Only changed the switches - 1 for 1 swap - one 2 pin, one 3 pin, so can't have cross connected either.

Reply to
IanDTurner

Sounds like there is also a fault with the new one....

Reply to
Alan