"Rear brake sensor needs replacing" What is this?

I have seen a volvo v70 for sale, it says rear brake sensor could do with replacing and rear disks soon. What is this rear brake sensor, and is it costly to replace? Not some kind of expensive ABS fault is it?

How much/labour to fix the sensor? And the disks? I am in the UK

Reply to
Paul Dyer

Could be, you have not mad it very clear what sensor you mean. It could be the pad wear indicator or the ABS pick up both jump to mind. The former being cheap as chips, the latter being a bit dearer. As I recall £50 - £100 each. Is the ABS light behaving normally? Is a light on the dash telling you you need brake pads? Do you need new brake pads but have no warning light?

Reply to
a.n.other