Renault Safrane Windscreen Wipers Gone to a Vertical Park

Hi

I wonder if anyone knows of a quick fix for this little problem:

Renault Safrane 2.2 Exec

Whilst driving down the motorway in very windy conditions with wipers on intermittent they suddenly park at the vertical position and continue to work normally IE

Normal wiper blades parked like this: _ _ and now like this: II

Weird! I have tried replacing the relay and tried to force them back but the motor re positions them like this: II even after the key is removed. I have inspected the park position fuse which is ok and I have now run out of ideas. Anyone know where the wiper motor is or what an easy solution is?

I am

Remove the NOSPAM part from e-mail to reply

Reply to
sean

Sounds like the microswitch that detects the park position has somehow moved round so it sees vertical as parked. I imagine the switch is mounted round the spindle of the motor (possibly inside the case) and has swivelled round. Dismantle & play or buy a new one.

Failing that, leave alone and pretend you've gone for the touring car look. :-)

Reply to
Scott M

I had this problem. Turned out to be the fuse!

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham