Windscreen wipers

My wipers decided to self destruct yesterday, the blade slowly peeling away from the arm. They were only a year old at the most. Went to Halfords for a replacement pair, only to find they wanted £8.99 per wiper for a 205 Pug. Sod that I thought and went to my local Chav stick on spoiler place where the same wipers were £4.99. To be fair he does do real stuff, but found he could buy a much bigger house catering for the stick on market too. With all the rain we've had here today it's great seeing out the windscreen properly again. I wonder how long they will last though. Champion blades for those who are wondering, and so far, screech free unlike the last set which were Bosch.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I generally use Lucas blades and am very satisfied with them. They tend to last about 20,000 to 25,000 miles. I buy 20" and 13" blades [land rover and rear screen on several cars] in wholesale boxes of ten at a time and they work out very cheap. With a bit of compromise these sizes are good for 90% of my needs. 19" blades cost about 30% more than 20 inchers last time I looked so now everything gets 20" whether they need it or not. These sizes might not be suitable for anyone else's cars I know, but they are often not the size indicated for my cars either but will fit nicely with no bother. Just lucky I guess?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Go to your dealer - certainly for all the cars I've had main dealer wipers have been best and worth the extra couple of quid.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I've tried loads of wipers on my Primeras over the years and the newest Champions are excellent and last, they're probably the best I've used. I got mine from a BP petrol station for about a fiver each, that's for an 18" XV-45 meant for a Micra, I'm supposed to use 21", but I prefer the cheapness and less likelyhood of wind lift of shorter ones. They even fit the wiper arms properly, in itself a rarity.

Better than Halfords own (judder) and Bosch (gret new but wear out quick and then streak).

Reply to
SteveB

Lucas blades are Champion blades. If you put the two side by side, the only difference is the name stamped on them.

***
Reply to
M Cuthill

Wilko blades arn't bad @ £1.30 each.

Reply to
Shawneo

I suspected as much. Champion are big in blades.

Huw

Reply to
Huw