Saxo drivers seat

On a Saxo about ten years old, I've been requisitioned to fix the seat sliding mechanism on Friday. Forewarned is forearmed so my question is, does the seat slide forward to be removed from its rails, or how do I get it off them?

Reply to
cryptogram

most modern seats unbolt from the floor complete. watch out in case it has explosive seat belt pretensioners, they need to be disarmed correctly.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

whats happened to the sliding mechanism ? as saxos suffer from the seat mounting to floor mounting cracking, which makes the seat feel insecure/wobbles, if that is the case then its seat out (pretensioner disconnected) & carpet out to reweld the floor mounting point.

Reply to
reg

forgot to mention, you need torx drive sockets & an extension bar, slide the seat back to access the front two seat bolts & forward to access the back two bolts.

Reply to
reg

Reply to
cryptogram

It seems that the sliding mechanism does not lock properly.

How do you disarm the bolts?

Reply to
cryptogram