Stereo Display on 52 Astra Faded.

The stereo, time and date display on my 52 Astra is no longer visable apart from at night when it is very dim. I thought the fader was the same as the dashboard fader.

Is there an other fade control for the stereo display?

Regards,

D.

Reply to
xoom7

probably one of the bulbs has failed or they have gone black

Reply to
Mrcheerful

How do you change the bulbs. Presuming i need to get behind the dash to access the bulbs.

Reply to
xoom7

older astras the whole lump came off the top, on yours I don't know, sorry.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I'd guess that the backlight is LED rather than filament bulb, so unlikely to fail. In which case I wonder if the stereo is 'seeing' the headlights on all of the time and dimming the display?

Al.

Reply to
Al

It's a bulb. The bog standard Triple Info Display fitted to vauxhalls have used bulbs since vauxhall started fitting them however many years ago. Only thing the radio controls on it, is what gets displayed on the bottom line. The display does everything else itself.

Reply to
moray