Infinity Radio Display Faded Out...

Hi,

Own a 1998 Eagle Talon AWD Tsi. Just noticed that my LCD screen on my factory Infinity radio comes on normally when I start the car and then fades out. If I push on the screen, I can see the numbers but otherwise just a blank orange screen. The funny thing is that the radio functions fine other than the blank screen. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Nozaki

Its a common failure mode for LCD due to deterioration of the LC caused by low or high temperatures. The only fix is to replace the LCD. Getting another radio from a wrecker, or a new one, is the simplest solution as getting a spare part for an 8 year old radio is usually impossible.

Or just put up with it.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

it. Noticed today that the display came back like normal but after a period, display was a little dimmer than normal.

Reply to
Nozaki