Vauxhall Astra DL16 full beam stuck on

Hi, my neighbour's Vauxhall Astra DL16 S reg has her lights stuck permanently on full beam even when her ignition is switched off. Any ideas?

Thanks to any replies

Jon

Reply to
jayseeblue

"jayseeblue" wrote in news:1166976940.786565.178730 @n51g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Faulty headlamp relay

Stu

Reply to
Stu

Yep. Most likely a stuck relay (could be a switch or wiring fault, but a stuck relay is far more likely).

Take it out, and try swapping it with another one.

Reply to
moray

"moray" wrote in news:emmbi3$llu$1 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk:

Or hit it with a screwdriver :-)

If the lights suddenly go out, you've found your problem. OTOH, I expect the OP has a flat battery by now!

Stu

Reply to
Stu

Headlight relay or indicator stalk.

Reply to
Conor

Indicator stalks are common on these, Corsa B's and early Vectra's.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Very common in fact, I cant recall ever having seen any of those models without one.

Reply to
SimonJ