Vauxhall cavalier Vehicle Speed Sensor

The ECU fault light on our 1994 cavalier (X20XEV engine) has been coming on frequently of late. When I diagnose it I find fault code 24, which according to a list I found on the internet translates to "Vehicle Speed Sensor - No signal".

Does anyone know where this sensor is located? There is a speed sensor on each wheel hub, but I suspect these are only used for ABS and that the engine ECU would have a separate one, but I can't find it! On my 2001 Astra, there is a speed sensor located on the gearbox, but I can't find one on the cavalier.

Can anyone help me?

many thanks, Paul.

Reply to
Paul Andrews

according to autodata the way to test the VSS is to put an led across terminals 9 and 19 at the ecu and spin the RH front wheel, you should get a flashing led.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for the advice. I shall try that (if I can identify which are pins 9 and 19 on the connector!)

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Andrews