ATI Connection

I recently purchased a Black Ice "Power Chip" and it is supposed to plug into the ATI connection and gives an indication to the iduction system of cold/cool air. Supposedly it willl provide an increase in horsepower by providing the engine with a 'richer' air/fuel mixture. I decided to try it and see for myself....but.....I can't locate the ATI Connnection. Can anyone help and provide the location of this ATI Connection. Oh yes...my Miata is a 90 Miata, one of the first 20,000 made. I first saw this fantastic vehicle at the Chicago Auto Show in the McCormich Place in Chicago in 1988.....I ordered mine in May of

89...and received it October 5th of 89. I have raced it with the SCCA in Solo/Autocross events for 5 years and driven it from the East Coast to West Coast..Route 66...up the Pacific Coast Hwy, to Vegas, Florida and over 1000 miles in Vermont in a SVRA event IN 1995.
Reply to
bayman2222

A stock Miata engine already runs too rich at full throttle. All this "chip" (I think it's actually a 50-cent resistor) could possibly do is make it even richer, which will *reduce* power. Sorry, you got scammed.

If you can't return it, just throw it away and consider it a lesson learned.

OTOH, a real source of cool air, while it won't add power, will minimize the loss of power on hot days. Buy a Randall duct, or build your own cowl intake.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Lanny,

Do you have a web reference for the "Randall Duct"?

Randy Maheux

Reply to
BCRandy

-27000