Mach 460 problems...

I have a blown tweeter in the passenger window of my 2002 GT. The system is a Mach 460; does anybody know if I can go aftermarket and get a better quality speaker system, or if I have to stay stock to keep the Mach system?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
RowdyRebel

I'd stay with stock components. If you don't, you might have problems with impedance matching and ruin your amplifier. just ny 2 cents... D

Reply to
nospam

Gotta be plenty of these cars in the boneyard by now. They've been putting the Mach 460 in since at least '96, maybe '94, and they're all the same system to the best of my knowledge.

You *can* replace the tweeters, I don't know how well it will work with the amplifiers. They're probably of some odd impedance.

JS

Reply to
JS

Yeah I think I remember reading that you really cant replace any one part of the 460 cause of a wierd impedence or something. Its all or nothing.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang

Ebay has plenty of Mach 460 systems around.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

That wasn't the question, so the answer doesn't help.

Reply to
RowdyRebel

It's my understanding that the Mach systems are propritary. Period. Some have added to or altered them, but at great personal frustration.

It would be so much simpler to just replace the speaker methinks :)

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Ahhhhh! That's not what I want to hear, but I'll swallow my pride and get a replacement - the popping/bzz that it makes at low volume level is annoying as hell.

Reply to
RowdyRebel

sounds like you had an underlying problem before the speaker went. a leaking capacitor?

Reply to
John

I was thinking grounding problems maybe too.. but then it would be all speakers.

JS

Reply to
JS

Like New ATI-ProCharger P-1SC with intercooler. Full kit ready to install.

Jim SR

Reply to
Jim