Click + Clack puzzler.

Speaking of car names, did you hear this weeks puzzler on Click and Clack? Name three cars that are named with plural nouns.

Any ideas ?

Reply to
Jack McGann

Mustang II?

hahahaha... ;)

miker

Reply to
miker

We'll find out this weekend! WBUR 90.9 Saturday 11AM (in Boston area, at least)

Reply to
Jack McGann

Nissan Maxima Mazda Millennia (that's how it *should* be spelt, anyway) Kia Spectra

Singular forms are Maximum, Millennium and Spectrum.

Some people would argue that Mitsubishi Shogun counts, since Anglicised Japanese words generally have identical singular and plural forms.

There's also the Hyundai X2, which must be plural, surely? ;-)

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

By that logic, you'd surely accept Ford Fusion. :-)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Bentley - Brooklands

Pat

Reply to
pws

BMW 320 BMW 325 BMW 330

;)

Reply to
Joaquín Topis

How about Mazda Miata? The singular would be Miatum.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Oh? Well, I suppose that all the white ones have been neutered...

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

Suzuki Samurai

miker

Reply to
miker

Jeep Cherokee

miker, noninterrupted

Reply to
miker

Plymouth Breeze? Singularly they blow! Ephar

Reply to
Ephar

Well the "official answers" (as given on the CarTalk show) notice I didn't say correct or only answers..

1: Maxima ?noun a pl. of maximum.

Unabridged (v 1.1)

2: Integra Supposedly plural of Integer, can't locate @

3: Spectra ?noun a pl. of spectrum.

Unabridged (v 1.1)

Reply to
Jack McGann

You would not. I have never heard of integers being referred to as integra, and I have taught and done applied math for all my life. Apparently it is latin, (at least the medieval kind.) The following reference is readily found on the web:

"The term EXPONENT was introduced by Michael Stifel (1487-1567) in

1544 in Arithmetica integra. He wrote, "Est autem 3 exponens ipsius octonarij, & 5 est exponens 32 & 8 est exponens numeri 256" (Smith vol. 2, page 521)."

I doubt that Click and Clack checked every language and dialect in the world for words spelled as car names. There might be more! ;)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen