latches at maximum... what else?

Hi there,

Today I've put on my hardtop and the latches seemed loose, so I've tried to adjust its tension by turning the hex bolts in them. I've found out that they are already at its maximum, so there is no more thread available for those adjusting hex bolts.

Can the Frankenstein bolts be adjusted rearwards or something? Any other ideas?

I'm not even sure if new (and expensive!) latches would sort this out...

thanks!

Reply to
Joaquín Topis

Have you tried doing the adjustment in the opposite direction? I don't have a clue but some times these things can be counter-intuitive. It's worth a shot, right?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Don't forget that the latches them selves might be moveable. The ones on the soft top have slotted screw holes, IIRC.

Reply to
Alan Baker

I'll have a look. Thank you!

Reply to
Joaquín Topis

Wow! I will investigate those bright mistery metal boxes ;) There seems to be plenty of potential :)

Thank you very much. The facts are:

-It seems loose

-It makes noises over low speed bumps (specially on single wheel bumps, where it sounds like if it was comlpetely loose!)

-At "high speed" driving (i mean over 140kph or so) you can feel aerodynamic noises coming from the front top end.

I hope I am able to fix all this before good weather cames back!

Reply to
Joaquín Topis

mmm.... tabs? I'll have a closer look!

By the way, I've looked into those mistery boxes, and I've seen I have something to experiment with during the weekend. I'll post a progress update next week...

thanks!

Reply to
Joaquín Topis

I have tried to tighten the hard top by moving those u-shape things which match the frankenstein-bolts, but the nosies are still there. The front latches are still un-tigth, and no further adjustment is possible.

I will try to move the position of the latches on the top, by making a little slot on the bolt holes if necesary, to see if this will help.

I've seen the tabs you mentioned to hold the soft-top in place while the hard top is on. They are fine, and the problem doesn't seem to come from there...

Thank you and regards.

Reply to
Joaquín Topis