Re: Puzzler for Ford Techs

About the F### flat Rate remark. I decided after 24 years of wrenching that I hated doing it for a living, I retrained and moved on. I have LOTS of respect for any Dealership Tech who can stick with it and is happy making a living doing it. You guys work your butts off for ever shrinking time and catch a lot of grief from customers and on this NG about the failings of dealer service departments. My hat is off to you. The guys at my last dealership are now working 4x12 hour days with days off spaced out in some fashion (maybe 4 on, 2 off,3on,1 off? How ever it is every body works some Saturdays and Sundays) and they dropped any kind of guarantee 3 years ago just before I left. I spent many a Saturday (every 3rd week) cleaning my tools and changing oil just to make some time. On an up note, my best saturday was about 22 hours doing those xxxxxxx Taurus, Sable, Continental subframe bolt recalls. They all came out of the woodwork that day.

Good luck to you guys, Tom

Reply to
Tom

Tom opined in news:la6Ma.7825$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.news.adelphia.net:

My son also had EGR probs on his 2.3 (he didnt say what) and claimed that, during that time, his mileage went up to 36mpg

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic
50 miles per tank! Fuel intake is wide open. Broke injector?
Reply to
d8326