Improvement?

Real wheel:

The orange cord is to my electric impact wrench, a HUGE time saver.

Front wheel: hppp://members.cox.net/xs11e/08-02-08_1041.jpg

I think just having a clean wheel is a huge plus!

I hate the look of the lug nuts but I don't know what to do about 'em?

OK, gonna go change that rear wheel, it's the last one. I'm taking a break, it's only 96F outside but the humidity is up and I'm sweating like .. like... like a guy working outside in hot humid weather?

Reply to
XS11E

Maybe

would be more gooder?

Reply to
XS11E

No wire wheels????

They look nice, definitely an improvement in looks. I don't usually like wheels that color match the car, but this works nicely.

I agree on the lugs. You should be able to find some others that work unless it doesn't bother you. I would probably quit noticing them after a few days.....

Anyway, congrats!

Pat

Reply to
pws

nice. and i don't mind the lug nuts. in fact i like them. are they the torx type? where did you get them?

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Couldn't afford them.

Completely agree! When I saw pics I checked all the other available colors and decided the white really did look best plus they should be able to turn faster due to less photon drag, you might want to check that with Leon when he shows up again. (G) Oh, one more problem, that was the ONLY set of wheels and tires available at the price, any other color was about $100 more. Those were the last set so they were on sale but I really prefer the white.

I suspect I'll stop noticing them even sooner. They don't look good in the picture but seem to look OK on the car. I'll see how they look to me in a couple of days.

Reply to
XS11E

No, they have an Allan socket. They came with the wheels along with an Allan bit with a hex nut on the end that fits the Miata lug wrench. The bit is now in the little felt(?) sack/pouch/thingy that holds the lug wrench so I won't lose it (wanna bet?)

My objection to the looks is mostly their length but they have to be that long to be strong enough I guess, shorter ones would tend to split out the sides when being torqued down.

Reply to
XS11E

A set of black lugs could be quite tasteful. I'm sure there are plenty of options out there these days with all the popularity of black wheels.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

You're right. If I got new lugnuts I might opt for the acorn type.

Maybe like this?

Hmmmm... . $0.69 x 16 = $11.04, not too expensive... about $20 with shipping.

I didn't realize there were so many options....

Reply to
XS11E

What we forget are the sweet moments of being present with ourselves like we are when watching a sunset. Just be in the present moment and allow yourself to stop searching for more and to notice how much you already have inside.We provide the 'cheap wow gold'

all thewow servers and the first class service to our loyal and reliable customers. We have available stock of 'wow gold'
on most ofthe servers, so that we can do a really instant way of delivery.'cheap wow gold'
is ourprimary service, we offer 'wow powerleveling'
service,and is on salenow for a limited time! You can purchase our 'world of warcraft gold'
service at a much lower price than any ofour competitors. Welcome to our website

opqr315