Replacing Coolant

I think that I found out why this Miata was overheating.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Can you imagine what the inside of the head and block look like. Coolant anyone?

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

Did you ever change or use coolant? Looks like pure water to me... I hope you cleaned the coolingchannels thoroughly...

Jeroen

Reply to
jfeelders

I'm not really into changing fluids on a car....

Just kidding. This is not my car, at least, not to drive. This is the

1991 Silverstone that I am parting out.

That coolant may be the original stuff that Mazda put in 18 years ago. Anyone need a 1.6 liter engine cheap? :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Can you send it overseas for, say, $100? ;)

Jeroen

Reply to
jfeelders

Maybe for a hundred Euros. I am about to start burning US one dollar bills for heat before long at the rate things are going. :-/

Pat

Reply to
pws

OUCH! I don't think there's ANY coolant in that sucker unless rust acts as a coolant!

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Heh, Rust-O-Freeze!

I did drain most of the fluids from the car a long time ago.

It will be interesting to see what the rest of it looks like since I am selling the external parts from it and then will see if anyone wants the block to rebuild.

Pat

Reply to
pws