Impact wrench woe

Hi all,

My impact wrench refuses to turn, lots of air escaping at the exhaust (which btw is handily just over the trigger so you get oil all over your hand!). I took it apart but everything looked OK aside from that the vanes weren't extended so I extended them manually in case that was it but still have the same problem. Yes, everything is well lubricated!

It's brand new and worked OK when I got it a few weeks ago but not now.

What be the problem then? :)

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

Air pressure too low

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Shot bearings? Why bother looking? It's a few weeks old. Take it back and get another.

Reply to
Conor

Or the regulator on the compressor's been turned down.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

No, it's supposed to need 6 bar but doesn't work with 8 bar either. Conor could well be right about the bearings, back it goes.

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

What are you lubricating it with? I had an impact gun pack up once because it was overlubricated, stripped it, wiped all the oil out and it was fine ever since.

The way you describe the oil blowing out all over your hand it sounds like you have too much oil in there.

Reply to
SimonJ