1981 240D brake light switch?

I am helping a friend troubleshoot a 240D brake light problem. We have voltage at fuse 12 in start and run, but the brake lights don't work. Yes, the bulbs are good. We can't seem to find the brake light switch.
In most cars it's on the brake pedal lever under the dashbord but this doesn't seem to be the case here.
Where is the brake light switch located on these cars?
I would recommend checking the contacts - clean them thoroughly whether they appear to be corroded or not. Both times the brake lights failed (between two cars I've seen it happen in), it was traced to dirty contacts.
-- Colin

Some cars (plymouths as I recall) have an actual pressure sensor on the master cylinder that turns those break lights on.
This is just a wild guess mind you, but a setup I have seen before.
Marty
Jay Hennigan wrote:

It is an electrical switch positioned below the pull-back spring of the brake pedal - you have to remove the plastic cover below the dashboard to get access to it.
Juergen