1997 E Class estate rear seat jammed

Looking for some direction!
One of the rear seat backs has jammed on my e class estate - the lever you lift to release the catch to let the seat forward and lay it flat
has jammed.
How do you go about releasing the cable? I have the load cover and luggage net attachment on the back of the seat so can't get in from the rear!
As always TIA!!
--
Buzby
There's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot