2004 S500 radar detector location

Anyone have experience with locating a radar detector in a newer vehicle? I'd like to install mine either in the black area in front of the rear view mirror (hey, my ezpass works fine there), or just tot
he side of that in front of the visor. I know I can experiment to find what has best reception, but I thought someone may already know. Thanks.