Road Angel Radar Detector

Any ideas on where is the best place to get one of these at a reasonable = price?

--=20 (=BA=B7.=B8(=A8*=B7.=B8 =B8.=B7*=A8)=B8.=B7=BA) =AB.=B7=B0=B7. DEMON .=B7=B0=B7.=BB (=B8.=B7=BA(=B8.=B7=A8* *=A8=B7.=B8)=BA=B7.=B8)

Reply to
Demon

You don't need one if you don'tbreak the speed limit.

Reply to
Gerry Harris

like that answered his question.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

My mother claimed she never broke the speed limit. She's been caught speeding though, so it doesn't seem to matter how you drive.

Reply to
Makhno

Ebay's your best bet - look under Cars/Automotive Electronics, or just search on "Road Angel" - in the category mentioned, you'll also find the Morpheous Geodesy and the Origin Blue i.

Reply to
Neil Barker

yes, and obviously, staring at the speedo(which isn't totally accurate anyway) and not looking at the road is always a really good plan! and there is the claim that you are 24% less likely to have an accident also! JP

Reply to
JP

Reply to
DEMON

So does having a radar detector stop you exceeding the speed limit? I'm sure that more accidents are caused by excessive speed than by drivers observing the speed limit.

Cheers

Reply to
Gerry Harris

I'm sure more accidents are caused by lack of concentration and lack of awareness of danger than anything else. If you speed then you need quicker reactions, and some people speed when they aren't in a position to have quicker reactions (sleepy etc.), which is obviously stupid.

My personal bugbear is people who always drive at 42mph. National speed limit clear country road - 42mph. Town centre 30 limit - 42mph. Housing estate 20 limit - the same speed. I imagine they have shoes specially made to keep the speed at a steady 42! Anyway I'm trailing off into a rant now.

So I'll stop. Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Nice 1 Al I agree.

I'd like also to rant at the people who don't appear to need indicators. Ah your in the left hand lane at the roundabout so your going left ........ but what when I meet joe blogs sh*te driver he's going straight over so do I.... a, assum everyone is going left or b, assume everyone is going straight over.

Oh and to all those Police drivers out there SET A F*CKING EXAMPLE you bastards never indicate either. Oh your a proffesional well thats ok then....

It may be a minor thing but I think all these things help stop accidents.

Ok sorry just had to rant 1 of those weeks I guess...

Can't wait to get the side of the car fitted with an LED display...." There the light on the Corners".......use them.

I am joking...honest

Reply to
??????
349 inc from:

MrCheerful

Hello,

I wouldn't bother. I have a SNOOPER S1 and it is a pile of junk, it detects radio masts, shop doorways and traffic lights regularly. What it fails to detect are speed cameras and laser devices as used by the police. The SNOOPER s1 I have is a "toy" and certainly isn't fit for the purpose it claims to be for. It is the biggest waste of money ever, so if anyone wants it you're welcome! At the moment it remains unused as I proved the claims made by the manufacturer are misleading. I drove past a laser speed trap and eventually stopped and asked if the thing could be pointed right at me. Two more goes (thanks Cheshire Police) and the Snooper didn't trigger.

Keep to the speed limit because by the time your detector has gone off it is too late anyway, you have already had your picture taken. It also doesn't deal with VASCAR systems. So when you think about it, exactly what use are these pieces of overpriced equipment?

"Demon" wrote in message news:pfDcb.608$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net... Any ideas on where is the best place to get one of these at a reasonable price?

Reply to
Geoff

Hello,

NO! It is INAPPROPRIATE SPEED that can cause accidents. I could do 30 on a main road and not have an accident, then I could join a motorway at 30mph and cause a major accident. I could also drive at 70 down a motorway and then a main road at 70 and cause an accident. It depends on whether the speed you're doing is appropriate for the conditions and surroundings. That is why the advert about "speed kills" is VERY misleading. RADAR and laser detectors are nothig more than a toy, but if people want to be conned into thinking they work that's up to them.

Reply to
Geoff

Hello,

You should come to Merseyside, Police standards of driving are terrible. The blue lights on most cars are not able to be switched on until the engine is stopped as the drivers can't be trusted by the look of it. Only traffic cars with trained drivers are allowed to pursue people as they are the only police drivers that appear able to handle a car! Maybe that should be the next fly on the wall documentary - crap police drivers. The number of police cars I have seen cutting people up, speeding down the A41 towards Birkenhead and putting blue lights on to avoid a queue and waiting at traffic lights is terrible. They have less accidents because people will not get too close to something with blue lights on the top.

"L@@K"

Reply to
Geoff

Hello,

What an absolute waste of money - I bet you will still end up being caught for speeding at some point! Think about it, by the time your detector has picked up a signal pointing at you - you have already been caught. So why pay so much money out for nothing.

Reply to
Geoff

AFAIK the road angel is GPS based. It has the locations of nigh on all the speed cameras stored in it, and beeps when you get near to one.

Reply to
Doki

So it knows nothing about movable cameras, police officers using hand held speed detection equipment, Vascar and similar computer based equipment used from cars and helicopters, or the speedometer of a following non-marked traffic police car/bike, then?

Rely on something like this and you may become a trifle over confident. Still, it's your money.

Reply to
Howard Neil

I have used one which also warns of accident black spots. The sort of thing you just can't spot yourself if you've not driven the road many times. For instance it warns on a couple of stretches of the A14 which I know have had fatalities in the last year but are often clear.

Reply to
Will Reeve