300D Power Antenna

I have recently replaced my power antenna mast and now cannot keep it working. The motor works fine, but the mast only intermittantly goes up and down. I suspect bad lubrication, but do not know what to use.
Suggestions?

Liqui Moly lubricant, also for sunroof

Thanks!

I didn't lube my mast when I put it in, and it's working fine.
What I did do, though, was crack open the motor case and clean it out. It was full of plastic shavings, and I may well have lubed up a couple of the rollers in there. I certainly operated the friction mechanism so it'd move freely.
You don't need to take it very far apart, basically just take the lid off and vacuum/blow the crap out.
good luck, -tom!

Yes, good advice. I cleaned mine out and freed up the tension roller that keeps the plastic pushed against the pulley. Water, salt, etc runs down the mast and into the mechanism. I'ts very easy to remove the whole antenna from the car, remove cover and clean/lube.

Do you accomplish this by removing the large chrome nut on the antenna from the top, or do you access the motor from inside the trunk somewhere?
randallbrink wrote:

Yeah, basically you spin the nut off the antenna where it "attaches" to the body on the outside, remove the bolts that hold it inside the trunk, and drop it out. Then there are three or four bolts that hold the lid on the motor unit (and you'll need to disconnect the power connector, since it's not got a lot of slack).
-tom!

Thanks very much. I will do this procedure and hopefully, get my antenna working again. No type of lubrication has restored the antenna to consistent function.