320sl battery

I know this sounds crazy but anyone know where the battery is located i a 320 SL. all compartments are locked and there is no power whatsoever to use the key to unlock it otherwise anyone know how to
power it up to at least unlock the various compartments in which the handbook is located of course
There is a remote hookup in the hood area... look for a red "+" sign on a plastic cap... and then there should be some brass tube sticking up nearby for ground... or you can use any bare metal contacts such as nuts or bolts.
thanks for that, i dint mention it is a 95 model yr is that hwat u assumed
"Tiger" wrote
> There is a remote hookup in the hood area... look for a red > "+" sign on a > plastic cap... and then there should be some brass tube > sticking up nearby > for ground... or you can use any bare metal contacts such as > nuts or bolts.
Battery is located in the trunk, right behind the right wheel well. Peter

author/report abuse

http://www.AutoBoardz.com/320sl-battery-Mercedes-Benz-ftopict202618.html

Did I understand right that you were not able even to open the doors? Either way, you should normally be able to open the doors and the trunk with you mechanic emergency key, the one (mostly) hidden in your key fob. I'm not familiar with the SL but it would be odd if it would not allow you to enter the trunk with the emergency key.