87 190e2.3 fan belt ????

After retruning home from a 2 week trip my wife said the 190s car battery was discharged. I checked and recharged it and then after starting it I pushed on the monoblet and it felt like the tension was too low.
There's a bolt with a 13 mm recessed nut between the power steering resevoir and the distributor. I got a 13mm socket and with an extension started to tighten what I thought was the belt tensioner bolt. In less than one clockwise turn the bolt came loose but I can't get it out of the hole, I'd guess it's 4 to 6 inches long. It seems to have some kind of clip on the lower part. Since I don't have a manual I'm starting to wonder what the purpose this adjustment serves and what happened and what's the fix? Any comments appreciated. tnx hank wd5jfr
Henry, I am sending you a file I am sure will help. ES

resevoir
I'd