88 300TE, how to adjust idle speed?

RPM when engine cold = 1800 RPM when engine warm = 1100 in neutral, 800 when in D
thanks in advance

Computer controlled. NO adjustments possible.
Either you have a failure in your idle speed control circuit or a big vacuum leak.
I would look for the vacuum leak FIRST. False air will raise the idle.

Thanks Karl, the check engine light is on as well, what is the procedure to read the codes from the LED near the battery?

If engine light is on too. I would check three things...
1. OVP relay fuse...
2. Vacuum leak... check all vacuum hoses and make sure connection is tight.
3. Bad idle speed controller computer. Common too but in your situation, I would check other things first.