TPS adjust/removal 88 Celica 3SFE

I use a tight quarters ratchet screwdriver. It is very thin and not expensive at all. I got mine from Snap On but I think that I've seen them in the Craftsman line.

Reply to
user

Need to adjust my 88 Celica TPS and the dang thing is held by 2 standard phillips screws and it faces the FW! There is about 5 inches of clearance. How the heck am I suppose losen these phillips screws! Damn Toyota.

Tell me there is a $10 special tool or a trick.

TIA

Reply to
bobb

Unfortunately, I am a visual guy. I'm also not a tool guy so visuals help.

If I asked you politely, would you please be so kind as to find an imagine on Google images so I can see what your'e referring too?

I'd so appreciate it and probably others on here would as well.

Thanks!

Reply to
mrsteveo

This should do it. $9.99. They also have one for $6.99 with only two bits:

Hachiroku

No Thank YOU - here

Hope u guys have a trick :D

Reply to
bobb

You can try a stubby Phillips screwdriver, the tool that Hachiroku posted, or a Phillips bit in a 3/16" socket in a quarter inch drive ratchet.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
ZaXXoN

Just use a phillips bit with a flat wrench to turn it. Three inches is plenty of room.

Reply to
user

Here you go mrsteveo.

's the craftsman model. It will work just as well as a snap on for far less money.

Reply to
user

OK guys, will give it a try. Hopefully I can grip it tight enuff so it doesn't slip.

Reply to
bobb