'99 E240 V6 Water Pump Change Query

My water pump has failed and I'm considering replacing it myself but I'm unsure whether it needs a special coolant bleeding process afterwards to make sure there are no airlocks. I heard for some cars (Ford Sierras) this
is essential to avoid overheating hassles but is this necc for a MB? The 'special process' I believe amounts to briefly undoing various bleed valves round the engine and heater to clear air pockets.
Thanks
Si