'99 chevy blazer water pump

My 99 Chevy Blazer started today to lose coolant. I took the car to the Chevy dealer and they said that will cost me $550 to change the water pump and another $500 to change the intake (that is leaking too).

My question, how hard is to change the water pump? Is this something I can do at home with the right tools?

Thanks,

-ioan

Reply to
ioan

If you're so inclined.

10mm socket and ratchet to get the fan shroud off. 3/8" breaker bar to unload the belt tensioner. Tool of choice to squeeze the Mobeus clamps on the lower radiator hose, heater hose and bypass hose. 1-7/16" slim profile wrench to remove and replace the fan clutch hub from the water pump snout. 9/16" socket and ratchet for the four bolts holding the water pump to the block. (one of those bolts needs thread sealer) Torque wrench. Gasket scraper. Drain pan.

The job itself is quite simple, you will however need a few tools not usually sold at Sears...

Reply to
aarcuda69062