Any Chevron fuel users notice drop in quality?

Seems like lately all my vehicles have been running poorly on Chevron.I always use super and feels like regular unleaded instead.It's been about 7 years since I have used any other brand so can anyone recommend
another brand of fuel that is GOOD ?Thanks
Marathon, Shell and BP have always run good in mine. I'm not sure whereSam's and Walmart get there's, but my wife filled up there and the car ran unbelievably crappy.
I prefer Arco now also owned by BP (British Petroleum). Maybe your car is not too happy with the Summer blend that we are forced to use to cut emissions. My 190E does not seem to have the pep that it has with the Winter blend. Peter.

Good point - my old beast 450SL doesn't run as well now as a couple of months ago. I never realized it , but I just fuelled up with gas about 1 week ago - could be the "summer gas" thing. The old car has no pollution controls.

Found out part of the riddle.They dropped the octane rating from 93 to 90.5 on super unleaded!
I am not sure about the U.S. but here in Canada Consumer Reports states that all fuels are refined by 3 companies & ALL the service stations are the same grade & quality. (ASIDE) - ordered bra you pointed out to me - with thanks

Yes, it's all the same no matter where you buy it...
90.5 premium? That's crap! My poor old 1968 buick! It wants 96!
Martin Joseph wrote:

Have you tried octane booster?I spent a small fortune on this for my once upon a time BMW E30 325e,but nonetheless did help!If you give it a try,go for Outlaw Octane booster.If I remember correctly,it will "supposedly" raise it 3 points.Or is there any truth to putting mothballs in the gas tank?Never was brave enough to try this so......

I use to have a gentlemen here in Kenmore washington that sold Avgas. Man that car loved it. You could put in a quarter tank of that stuff and fill it with regular and it would run like a monster...
Mothballs? I am not that brave either... Never heard of that before actually.
Some of the Octane boosters do work, but they are pricey.
Oh well, marty
Marty,do you know anything about this product? http://www.kemcooil.com/product_info.php?plda Your 68 Buick can use this since it has no cat.Snake oil?
Its octane booster and appears that link does not work correctly,see if this one works! http://www.kemcooil.com/products.php?cld=4 and if this doesn't work,click on products and view the octane booster claims.
Whoa,did anyone see the fuel fragrance below the octane booster?What will they think of next?

Nutty! Thanks for the info, I think there is local seller of the "Red-X" racing gasoline....
10$ for a little bottle of toxic lead octane booster? I think I am going to have to think about that for a while :~) I have a one year old daughter now too.
Marty
said:

Interesting you mentioned that...... Check out MBE that replaced it .... After the Feds required everybody to change out gas station tanks to fiberglass. They find out the additive runs thru the "pores" of the tank walls....and has its own side effects. On a regular enorgh basis to warrent a "disclaimer" on every energy bill ....it wasn't the oil companies idea to go to unleaded in the first place.Chevron if I remember carries the patent on that additive.....
Many of your octane boosters are methanol....
The mothballs if I remember correctly was nitromethane(model airplane fuel less castor oil) You can fry your pistons and tie crankshaft in a bowknot....but for a few minutes it will almost run as good as the model airplane engines.(highest performance diesel around and about the only two stroke diesel I heard of that didn't need a blower. )
-