Chevron vs Valvoline oil

Anyone out there have a opinion on Chevron premium 10/30 and Valvoline

10/40 for a 89,000mi straight 6 Thanks
Reply to
randy1128

Sorry i meant Valvoline 10/30 not 10/40

Reply to
randy1128

think is what it is up to now) Then in my opinion it wont matter. Just change it every 3 or 4 K miles.

Reply to
Scott M

I would go with the Valvoline instead of the Chevron, the reason is my truck would lose power, poor gas mileage, and etc. if I filled up with Chevron gas, this was from many stations/regions.

Reply to
bubba in italy

Perhaps that is so in Italy, but in the USA, Chevron is high quality gasoline.

Reply to
Greg Hanson

That's what I hear, but where the hell do you find a Chevron station in the MD-VA area? I think there might be 3 in the state of MD???? I know of 1 about 30 miles from where I live. Do you think Chevron trucks in gas to fill this one station in the middle of nowhere? I don't think so. They get their gas from the same refineries that supply all the other stations( Shell, Mobil, Exxon....) in this area.

Reply to
Rob

I haven't seen any chevrons in Italy, they have shell, total, Esso(Exxon) and a few others. No I was talking about down in Texas and La. and few other places. MY truck is in Mi. at the in-laws.

Reply to
bubba in italy