Chevron Textron additive

I have a 2001 Prism with about 46,000 miles on it. I only drive about

7,000 miles a year. I last added the additive in February and filled the gas tank (capacity 13 gallons). How often should I add this?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---
7,000 miles a year. I last added the additive in February and filled the gas tank (capacity 13 gallons). How often should I add this? ===================================== How about "never?"

Textron might clean dirty fuel injectors well enough to avoid having to replace them; if you don't have this problem then you are just throwing away money.

If you leave the car stored for more than about two months without driving it, you should add some sort of fuel stabilizer . Drive it around for five or ten minutes before you park it.

Reply to
Mike Harris
7,000 miles a year. I last added the additive in February and filled the gas tank (capacity 13 gallons). How often should I add this?

---MIKE---

---------------

Actually, the product is Chevron Techron. Textron is a huge conglomerate that makes everything from military equipment to elevators to aircraft, parts of the V-22 Osprey tilt rotor aircraft, etc.

I do not recommend regular and routine use of fuel injector cleaners because it is not necessary.

Reply to
Ray O

The FTC forced Chevron to stop making claims about the product when Chevron failed to supply supporting documentation to support its claims.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Techron. Textron makes aircraft, golf carts, and lawn mowers.

Chevron recommends it every 3,000 miles, and the longest interval I know of for similar products is 7,000 miles (STP cleaner?). But additives like this may not be necessary because the additive packages found in gasolines are so good now that injectors, intake valves, and combustion chambers stay clean. Also injectors made in the past 10+ years are designed to be very clog resistant anyway.

Reply to
rantonrave
7,000 miles a year. I last added the additive in February and filled the gas tank (capacity 13 gallons). How often should I add this?

---MIKE---

I only add it when my engine starts to ping, somewhere around 160,000 miles, and then only till it stops.

Of course, that was 12 years ago in an '85 that had 190,000 miles on it with 'Old' gas.

Reply to
Hachiroku

read up on Top Tier gasolines

then decide whether or not you need to continue using Techron.

If you decide to keep using it, just once a year is all you need.

Reply to
ACAR