Brake lining wear warning message

Any one knows how to reset the "Brake lining wear" indicator in my instrument cluster? Any help is greatly appreciated. I check the pads because I heard a noise while stepping on my brake and the cause of it was
the warning metal is too close to the rotor that cause noise.Brake pads are all okay. I put it back and no more noise when I test drive it but the problem now is the "Brake lining wear" indicator lights up everytime I start the engine.How can I erase or reset it since the pads are all okay.
You have to replace the wear sensor. Richard

are
My 2001 C320 brake sensor is still good I guess because by the time I checked my brake pads the light was not on yet. I only disassembled the pads because I found out that the metal is too close to the disk that causes the squeaking sound, so I made a little adjustment, make it even to both sides. By the time I put it back all together the squeaking sound is gone but the indicator went on.I was wondering why the lights come on by the time I fix the brake.Is there any way I can reset it?
Thanks Oliver
"My 2001 C320 brake sensor is still good I guess because by the time I checked my brake pads the light was not on yet. I only disassembled the
pads because I found out that the metal is too close to the disk that causes the squeaking sound, so I made a little adjustment, make it even to both sides. By the time I put it back all together the squeaking sound is gone but the indicator went on.I was wondering why the lights come on by the time I fix the brake.Is there any way I can reset it? "
Something doesn't sound right here. In the cars I've worked on, the metal noise maker and the electrical sensor indicator are independent. It seems both are telling you the pads are worn out, but you say they are OK? I've never seen the metal noise generator need adjusting. How far off could it be and how much pad could be left to be worth fooling around with compared to just replacing the pads?

The light is turned on when the electrical sensor on the pads is grounded, normally by contacting the rotor. Maybe the insulation on the lead on the sensor is broken and allowing it to ground to the frame? Also, there is a brake fluid level sensor, although I am not certain if that illuminates the break wear indicator or the parking brake indicator, but it's worth checking your fluid level.
--

- RODNEY