Brake problem?

I read that Mercedes is recalling 680,000 cars to fix problems with the Electro/hydraulic braking system.
Sounds very frightening to have such a problem, so what exactly is wrong
with them? Can anyone who has experienced this fault explain what happens and what did Mercedes do to rectify the fault.
I presume the cars are still able to stop LOL, but are braking distances increased? Has anyone suffered an accident because of this?
Maybe I should start looking at other makes for my next car!
Oldun.
John Francis wrote:

Yes, Mr. Schrempp and his buddies really do a good job... ===:-(((((

The electrohydraulics part fails to operate.

Good question!

Yes, braking distances are _greatly_ lengthened - but besides that failure it makes me wonder how such a bad backup performance could ever pass any legislation test.

Maybe, but maybe you should simply look for a MB without the SBC brake system.

Juergen

This is quite simple. The mandatory deceleration of a brake is absolutely lousy. If anybody would drive in a car which only complies with the legislation rules, he would definitely jump out of the car and be scared.
If my memory serves me right, 3,5 m/s2 are the minimum, while modern cars reach some 9 m/s2.
Frank