Brooklands!

From: http://www.brandrepublic.com/bulletins/digital/article/487404/mercedes-backs-leisure-complex-online-push-syzygy /
Mercedes backs leisure complex with online push through Syzygy
by Emma Rigby Revolution UK 22 Jul 2005
Mercedes backs leisure complex with online push through Syzygy
Mercedes Benz World: online marketing
LONDON - Mercedes-Benz World, the luxury car company's new retail and leisure complex, is being marketed entirely through a preview website.
The site, http://www.mercedes-benzworld.co.uk/mbw/home.html , developed by interactive agency Syzygy, showcases the new centre at Brooklands, the historic motor racing circuit, which is due to open in Summer 2006.
The site focuses on Brooklands' motor racing heritage, aiming to build excitement before the opening through video feeds and an interactive tour of the complex.
Next year the site will be used to generate new car prospects and an customer relations channel to communicate with potential Mercedes-Benz customers. Before the opening, the data captured will be used to plan conferences and generate income.
Peter O'Halloran, director of DaimlerChrysler UK retail, said: "The website is currently the centrepiece of our marketing efforts, culminating in the launch of Mercedes Benz World next year.
"We will continue evolving the content as we progress towards launch."
Gareth Phillips, managing director at Syzygy, said: " We strove to replicate [Mercedes-Benz World's] essence online to build interest in its attractions and engage prospects and motor sports enthusiasts alike."
Mercedes-Benz World aims to become one of the UK's premiere leisure destinations and will include a five-star hotel and spa, exhibition and conference space, a kids' zone, a caf and restaurant. It includes a service centre and a retail showroom for Mercedes-Benz, Smart, Maybach and SLR McLaren models.
It will offer 2.5km of specially designed circuits for test drives or learning advanced handling skills and a 10-acre off-road course. Brooklands was the world's first purpose-built racing circuit, opening in 1907. In 1909, Victor Hemery broke five records in a racing Benz in one day, including two world records.
...and factory collections from a non-factory...
DAS
"greek_philosophizer" <greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
It will be like Disneyland for Mercedes drivers.....
.