cat backs

95 wrangler with the four banger. the muffler is toast. need a cat back. who has the best? is stainless worth the price?

thanks

Borland. Stainless doesn't rust, but it does dent. It's slippery too, so you have to check the clamps periodically as the joints will loosen up. With non-stainless the joints will rust together and then you are fine until the muffler gets a big rust hole in it. Stainless is definitely worth the price unless you like replacing exhaust components. "Aluminized" mufflers and exhaust components aren't worth crap.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I went with the Aluminized Gibson, sure it's a bit rusty but the waranty was the same. The stainless was neat, but I'm going to drag the muffler on rocks so why go shiny? :) They did throw in a shiny polished stainless muffler tip. Good for another 5hp. ^_^

As for slipping, I just had a local shop throw a couple of spot welds on the pipes. Easy enough to grind off if something needs to be moved.

Reply to
DougW

Earle Horton proclaimed:

Yeah, I'd have to go with Borland too. That way you can just compile up whatever exhaust you want and run it thru a development studio.

tsk, senility in the old is just so sad...

Reply to
Lon

"Borla" then. I must be catching it from Bill. I put one on my Suburban four years ago and I am quite happy with it. Or maybe it was a Gibson. Hell. I looked at the picture of the honey that would supposedly answer the phone if I had a technical question, and I had to sit down a bit. The one I put on my Jeep two years ago is one of those too. It is doing quite well. I thought about welding it but the clamps are holding pretty well. Keep reading this stuff and you'll catch it too.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton