C320purchase

I am thinking of purchasing a used C320 from a local dealer. Any advice or comments on the 2001 C230 as far as reliability, etc?

--
Greg

* * * * * * * *
On Mon, 31 May 2004 18:22:17 GMT, "Gregory J. Bednar"

Here's the statistically invalid data from a sample of 2:
My brother-in-law's 2001 C320 has been in the shop regularly and has 'limped home' at least once. M-B is giving him a rebate in recognition of the problems.
My 2002 C320 Wagon has been trouble-free except for the need to replace a carge cover that failed to latch.
FWIW.
Kal

2001 was a very bad year for the car... go to edmonds.com and see for yourself... also go to http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/ and look up the year
Youch!! - I never figured MB was akin to a beater car! - I was going into the situation thinking I was going to purchase a quality car that had all the bugs worked out of it and would run the usual 1 Million miles most of the older MB's used to run. I guess this is no longer true. Greg
wrote:

or
One million miles on a MB ? ( or any car for that matter) You better be a mechanical genius or have real deep pockets. -Dana
wrote:

advice

It is cheaper to drive a Mercedes a million miles than any other car!
On Mon, 31 May 2004 18:22:17 GMT, "Gregory J. Bednar"

Excerpted from Consumer Reports, 4/2004 Auto Issue: Used cars to avoid: '01-'03 C-Class '02 CLK '03 E-Class; '00-'01 E-Class AWD '98-'02 M-Class '00, '02 Sclass '02 SLK
C-Class reliabilities section: '01 Problem areas rated worse to much worse than average: Electrical, Body Integrity, Power Equipment, Body hardware.
Reliability verdict: Wose than average for that year.
On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 06:50:32 GMT, KS wrote:

But couple this with the other statistic: cost much more than average. This I personally feel this sways these sorts of all marque polls. Skoda, Kia, Daewoo and their ilk usually get great marks. Let's face it if you buy a brand new car for £6000 you aren't going to mark it too badly if it gets you from A-B (to paraphrase MBs latest ad campain). If you are looking at making the hyphen the best part then you have to pay more... and therefore you are likely to be more piniky if things aren't 100%. Well that's my view, do you guys agree or disagree?
300 Essie
--
1994 Mercedes E280 [W124] 99,000 miles (R.I.P)
1992 Mercedes 300 SE [W126] 230,000 miles