Car covers 4 MBZs

About 8 years ago I bought a Wolf car cover (evolution fabric) and it lasted well but I thought the performance a bit lacking. Water quickly ran off the
parts of the cover that hung down but when the cover lay flat on a surface, the water tended to stay there - right through the cover - until everything dried up. It wasn't used much and is now falling apart.
I bought it at Costco but they now sell only Kimberly Clark 3000 Series fabric, in one size only. I wasn't able to find any info online about this and searches of newsgroups pulled up almost all 1990s hits.
Information about current fabrics and their durability would be helpful.