Diesel Block Heater

Page 2 of 2

The radiator leaked out all or most of its coolant. I assume that this would cause the heater unit to fail by overheating?

Oh, and yes, the outlet is 115V.
In article

I have begun to arrive at the conclusion that there is something inside the block that is shorting out these units. These are not cheap after-market block heaters, but heavy-duty Mercedes OEM parts. Something is causing these units to short out, but I don't know how I am going to verify it.