Diesel Block Heater

The radiator leaked out all or most of its coolant. I assume that this would cause the heater unit to fail by overheating?

Reply to
randallbrink

Oh, and yes, the outlet is 115V.

Reply to
randallbrink

Dear God! Something has it in for you.

Reply to
Gogarty

I have begun to arrive at the conclusion that there is something inside the block that is shorting out these units. These are not cheap after-market block heaters, but heavy-duty Mercedes OEM parts. Something is causing these units to short out, but I don't know how I am going to verify it.

Reply to
randallbrink