Do I need a resonator?

Hi Folks,
I have an 86 300SDL with a hole in the resonator, or center muffler. The rear muffler is fine. I once had a truck with the same problem, and ended
up just having the resonator removed and running the pipe directly to the rear muffler. The loudness increased just a tad which I don't mind. Would it be OK to do this with the Mercedes? Thanks,
-- Jeff
You will alter the torque response of the engine... Exhaust is not that expensive when you buy them online. Mmm... seems like all the exhaust disappeared from catalogs... call BMA Autoparts up for Ansa or Eberspeacher.
What about timevalve?

Timevalve is stainless steel... I would only install it if you plan to keep the car forever. Their exhaust system is quite pricy.