E320 2001 Climate Control

I am getting erratic performance from my climate control. I can hear a high pitched noise from under the dash on the passenger side, and get a repetitive surge in the air volume. Any idea of which part needs to be
replaced and do you have a diagram of how to replace the part? ? I heard that at one time there was a diagnostic setting which could be found in the climate control unit
I would start off with the climate system air filter... have you ever change it?
The car, I believe, has the original filter. I will give it a look.
Wow, 6 years old? If it is stuck and no air flows thru, the blower motor may overheat.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I am unable to syncronize the right front headlight Wiper to rest in the down position. Is there a separate motor for the right and left washer/ wipers. How complex are these to change?

on these cars.
If you search for some MB forums, you would even find DIY guidance to fix the issue. Some basic knowledge and experience needed. Could also be the blower motor but the regulator is the more likely issue.
I took the air plenum apart last night and the squeek is comming from the fan. The fan spins freely and is not rubbing anything. It also appears the only thing acting up is the fan speed. I followed a guide on the internet and found an error code of Eb FF in the climate control. I suspect the idea of a bad regulator is correct.
The interior courtesy lights of our 1988 E300 only work sporadically when the driver's door opens. We have had the car repaired, but the problem remains. Any ideas?
On Jan 25, 1:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Thanks to all for the advice. It turned out to be the blower regulator. The symptoms included: surging air volume, manually all speeds of the fan worked, worked perfectly part of the time, squeak from the fan when the surge would turn air volume very low.