E320 Instrument Panel

Re: instrument panel on E320 yr 2000:
one illuminating bulb is out; how hard is that to change?
Also, sometimes on the shift indicator, there are extra "pixels"
showing; this happens only in cold or wet weather. Is there an easy-to-reach connector or contacts that might need to be cleaned?
I just had the same malfunction on the same year/model car with 43k miles. Malfunction disappeared in a short time after a recycling (turn off/on) of the computer. This happened after the car sat for five days when I was out of town. I beleive it is a minimal battery and that was the suggestion also from my dealer. I'm bringing the car in on Thursday to check it out. A curious side story to this dealer visit is the fact that my factory warranty expires on the 30th of this month, one more week. My maintenamnce system on the car tells me I have 2800 miles to my next service which MB tells me can get quite expensive, possibly over $1K or more. I asked if they'd do it at this mileage and was told not until mileage due shows 2k miles or less. Guess who's going on an 800 mile drive this week? Silly games, isn't it? Howard

http://www.AutoBoardz.com/E320-Instrument-Panel-Mercedes-Benz-ftopict201315.html

Oops! Sorry. Posted in wrong thread.